We have some wonderful items lying around by Tape Mountain artists and friends that we would love to see in your hands instead of ours. Note: This does not mean that Tape Mtn. is starting a "distro", god no, but sometimes we get good quantities of hard-to-find items that provide superior value for you, the consumer. We take Paypal on these; if there isn't a "buy now" button, email me at email@example.com and we can arrange something.
- Yak Brigade: Albania Tonight 12" (Blackbean and Placenta, 1997?) $2.50
- This weird one-sided 12" record provides an enticing glimpse into the mind of swap-meet-equipment-happy Jacob Anderson (aka Celesteville, aka the person who's typing this). Plenty of good songs, blips, Casiofication, a weird atmosphere I haven't yet been able to figure out, lots of pictures, Albanian text on the cover that I've since lost the translation for, etc.
- Gang Wizard: s/t 12" (Blackbean And Placenta, 1997?) $2.50
- Early recordings from mysterious California duo (aka Mike L and Jake A, okay, the secret is out) in early and raucous song-style; these songs are like a memory that is strong but unplaceable, like that time around 3 or 4 a.m. when you are not sure if it is late night or early morning. Bracing and screechy yet guileless. True story: I never intended to play drums on this release!
- Meringue: 1060 + 3 7" (Proteen, 1995) $1.50
- Rocking indie-pop from my days in college. This one features Gram (future Philly rock star in Philly rock band Panama), Wilson Hall (creator of one of Catsup Plate's finest cassettes) and a young and congested Yak Ampersand plowing into four fine songs, including Wilson's outstandingly foul-mouthed magnum opus "Sycophant". Pretend you are young again! Features a picture of my navel on the back cover.
- Gang Wizard: Meet Me At Merkato tape (Morc, 2001) $3
- Surprisingly diverse and song-oriented stuff from this bunch, this collection focuses on the fertile 1998-1999 period of my life. Features great hits like "I got your letter", "A-Frame", "Rabbit In Red", and many more!
- Goodness! Lurks Beneath Your Pillow 7" compilation (Theme Park/Traumatone, 1994?) $1.50
- Classic British home-taper 7", featuring Spacehopper's wobbly soul classic "You've Got Me Wrong", a Wizard Ho-Ho track, a morose and distant Bucknalls track, and a track by Flinge. Noteworthy and completely completely overlooked. SOLD OUT!
more to come soon * back to Tape Mountain HQ