Why doesn't Tape Mountain utilize handy standard "jewel case" packaging?
- Because we are too cheap.
- Because they always break in the mail and we don't do "retail".
- Because they mean more plastic in the wastestream when you eventually throw your CD's away.
- Because our own CD racks are filling up and we figure you could do with a couple fewer millimeters on your shelf.
- Because then we would have to do that annoying "fold-the-spine" thing, what a pain!
- Because we are crotchety old geezers and we are set in our ways.
- Because we are secretly jealous about the premature demise of cassettes.
- Because you will probably just put things in a CD wallet eventually.
- Because everything here traces back to the Raunchy Young Lepers and most of RYL's tapes didn't even have covers, much less jewel boxes. (Notable exceptions exist: for example, the fabulous but lost cover for Sexual Fantasies and Other Hormonal Urges, which featured the word "Sproing".)
- Because you, the reader, are too special for non-special packaging.
back to the FAQs page * back to Tape Mtn. HQ